School Health Institute

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Do you take Purchase Orders or checks?
    NO, we do not take Purchase Orders (PO's) or checks. The only payment options are on-line with a credit card or electronic check. The CashNet system is the secure payment system at Northeastern University.
  2. How do I Create an Account?
    Click the "New Account?" link on the login box on the home page. Please remember your Password.
  3. How do I register on-line for a program?
    After logging in, there is a list of choices for you. You will then pay on line via CashNet (a secure server) with either a credit card or an electronic check. You will receive a confirmation email that includes your receipt and registration information.
  4. Where to I find the information for each program?
    Always download the program information PDF. This includes date, time, location, cost, CEU's, speakers and learning objectives for each program.
  5. How do I take an on-line program?
    Create an account (or Log in if you already have an account). There is a list of choices for you. Click on "View Available On-line Programs."
  6. How much do the on-line programs cost?
    There are several free programs listed. You can access all of the on line offerings for free, however, if you want Continuing Education Credit for that program, you will have to pay on line. It is $10 /0.1 CEU = (one contact hour).
  7. How do I get my Certificate after attending a Day Conference?
    At the end of each conference, you will be given a Program Code. You will have 2 weeks to go in, Log into your Account, click on "Complete Day Conference Evaluation." If you do not complete the evaluation, you will not receive a Certificate. Click on the Program name and date, then put in the Program Code. Complete the Evaluation and questions and click Submit. You will receive your Certificate via email immediately after your submission. You will always be able to go into to retrieve a Certificate for a previously completed program.
  8. What if I have to cancel a registration or change my registration to another date?
    If you need to cancel your registration (and it is at least 5 business days before the program), just email to request a refund. The credit card you used to register will be refunded. If you need to switch a conference date, please email me and tell me what program you need to change and what program you would like to attend.
  9. What program do I need to take for the Orientation Program for DESE licensure?
    The 3 part orientation program needed for DESE Licensure iincludes 1) Professional School Nursing Practice in Massachusetts, a 2-day program held 3 times each year (July, October and March). 2) Medication Administration and Delegation in MA Schools day program initially for licensure then once every 5 years (offered 6 times each year). 3) Mandated Screening Training (offered 6 times each year) 603 CMR 7.00 Regulations for Educator Licensure and Preparation Program Approval: School Nurse (Levels: All) Initial License.
    1. Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
    2. A bachelor's or master's degree in nursing.
    3. A minimum of two full years of employment as a Registered Nurse in a child health, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing setting.
    4. Completion of a 3 part orientation program based on the requirements for delivery of school health services as defined by the Department of Public Health.
    5. Passing score on the DESE Communication and Literacy Skills test.
  10. Do the continuing education programs I take from Northeastern University School Health Institute count towards my NBCSN recertification? You DO NOT need a PROVIDER NUMBER for our programs.
    Yes, NBSCN lists the following approved organizations:
    • Nursing specialty organizations listed below, or those accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as
    • American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
    • American Association of Critical Care Nurses
    • American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
    • American College of Nurse Midwives
    • Emergency Nurses Association
    • National Association of School Nurses
    • National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners
    • Continuing Medical Education credentialing agencies
    • Colleges and Universities accredited by state, regional and federal (as US Dept. of Education) accrediting boards
    • State boards of nursing
    • State departments of health and education whose programs have met the criteria for continuing education through accredited providers
    • National accrediting agencies for licensed professional counselors and social workers
  11. What is the conversion of CEU's, contact hours and PDP???s?
    According to the Board of Registration in Nursing in MA 5.02 states: Continuing Education Requirement 15 hours of continuing education within the two years immediately preceding renewal of registration are required for licensure.
    5.04: Criteria for Qualification of Continuing Education Programs/Offerings.
    The following guidelines are to assist the licensed nurse to select an appropriate program/offering and the provider to plan and implement continuing education program/offerings. The overriding consideration in determining whether a specific program/offering qualifies as acceptable continuing education is that it be a planned program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competence of the licensed nurse.
    Amount of Time:
    1. 50 consecutive clock minutes is equivalent to one contact hour.
    2. One continuing education unit (C.E.U.) equals ten contact hours.
    3. One semester hour equals 15 contact hours.
    4. Two clinical hours (100 minutes) is the equivalent of one contact hour.
  12. How do I get a receipt for my registration and payment?
    When you register, you receive an immediate email confirmation back. That is your receipt. Your transaction with CashNet is secure so we don't have access to the original receipt. You can also log into your account and click on Print a Receipt for a program.
  13. What if I need accommodations for a conference? Please contact Kathy Hassey @ or 617-593-0335 three weeks before a conference.